March is my month for joining 30 Days of Lists. I love it because it is a window in time for me and the list provide a way for my kids to know me better one day. I adore reviewing the list from other 3o Days of Lists that I have participated in as it is a time capsule for who I was that month. March was full of birthday parties, the Butterfly pavalion, swimming pools, ice skating, snow tubing, and playdates. We started the month with several parties include an awesome birthday party at Casa Bonita. If you get the chance to go to Casa Bonita do it - it is an experience! Throughout the month we attended many playdates outdoors and indoors. We had some at friends houses and others at indoor swimming pools. As it got warmer, we had many outside and we rode bikes and scooters. Mid month we went to Keystone for a playdate of tubing! March was also a month we attended the Butterfly Pavalion several times. We learn a lot when we attend about bugs and butterflys and we watched a butterfly release inside the pavalion. We still didn’t learn why butterflys are named butterflys. March ended with a date night for Brad and myself and then overnight with the kids at the Omni Resort. We relaxed and talked without the distractions of project or toys or games. Ahhhhh….
This month is always a mix bag for us. We celebrated early in the month our son’s birthday! It is always so fun to plan and have a new adventure with friends. This year with went indoor sky diving in Parker, CO with truely good friends. IT was FUN! The it was Valentine’s Day. I do enjoy hearts and the colors associated with Valentine’s Day and enjoying with my kiddos other than that I find it a Hallmark holiday that has impossible romantic standards associtated with it. I planned a Valentine’s dance at the Boulder Quest Center. It was a ninja and friends dance with snacks and music and poetry reading. As always we had many fun playdates - especially was a bowling playdate at Chippers on one of those really cold days! Ninjutsu is a big part of lives and we have many friends now at the dojo. One night, after the dojo, we went to dinner and then indoor climbing with friends. I see climbing walls in our near future!
The new year started with skiing at Eldora for all of us. We had a wonderful day. It started with making snacks and getting a latte then we were off to rent ski gear and meander up the canyon. The month was full of snow and cold weather which was perfect for us.
- Autodidactic Radical Gathering of Homeschoolers May 3- May 7, 2014. Springmaid Mountain, N.C.
- Unschoolers Waterpark Gathering May 19th through May 22nd, 2014. Sandusky, Ohio
- LIFE is Good Unschooling Conference. May 22-25, 2014. Vancouver, Washington.
- Always Learning Live Unschooling Symposium May 29 - June 1, 2014. Elk River, Minn
- Trailblazer Cancelled for 2014
- We Shine June 16 - 20, 2014. Cortland, NY
- Summer Montreal Unschoolers Gathering June 30 - July 6, 2014. Oka, Quebec
- Northeast Unschooling Conference. August 28-31, 2014. Wakefield, MA
- East Tennessee Unschooled Summer Camp. Aug 10-17, 2014. Unicoi ,TN
- Rethinking Everything. August 30 - September 2, 2014. Little Rock, AR
- Free To Be. September 25 - 28, 2014. Phoenix, AZ
- NBTSC. July 28-August 4, 2014. Eagle Point, Oregon;; August 19-September 2, 2014. Bridge, Oregon;; September 18-27, 2014. Plymouth, Vermont;; September 28-October 3, 2014.
Plymouth, Vermont;; January 18-27, 2015. Joshua Tree, California
- URock - September 2014 TBS. Oregan Coast
- Autodidactic Radical Gathering of Homeschoolers Fall 2014 (TBA)
- Always Learning Live Unschoolers Symposium. December 27 - December 30, 2014 – Albuquerque, NM
~ Allow Your Cork To Float
“Every time you praise something, every time you appreciate something, every time you feel good about something, you are telling the Universe, “More of this, please. More of this, please.” You need never again make another verbal statement of this intent, and if you were allowing your cork to float — all good things would flow to you.” ~ Abraham-Hicks